Friday, April 14, 2006

No Sweep for Cards

Carlos Lee robbed the Cardinals of the first hit in their new Busch Stadium. Bill Hall robbed them of the first home run, and yesterday, Carlos robbed them of their first sweep. Carlos made an unbelievable catch that denied Encarnacion a game winning home run to keep the game alive, and eventually won it for the Brewers.

I was all set to sit down yesterday before the game and post a tirade about how the Brewers play against the Cardinals. I was supremely frustrated because I know our boys can play ball; we've all seen it. But it seemed like they had some sort of inferiority complex when playing the Cardinals, and their game suffered. I even sent an email to Jim Powell and Bob Uecker asking their opinion about what it's going to take to get the Brewers to remember that they have talent. Apparently, whatever Ned Yost said to them in the locker room before the game was it.

I can't comment too much on the game because, unfortunately, we didn't get to watch it here in Milwaukee. But I did listen to it with bated breath, and my cheers of excitement could be heard all throughout my office when Carlos made his catch, and later his home run. I was also guilty of swearing out loud when Rickie Weeks made yet another error.

So because FSN broadcast only one game of this series, and we don't want to talk about that one, I'm going to focus on the Mets series. I'm hoping the Brew Crew can take the momentum from this last win into New York. Yeah I know the Mets are 7-1, but looked who they've played! Their schedule hasn't exactly been the most demanding. Washington and Florida?? Come on. Tonight, though, they have to get past Chris Capuano, and you all know I can't say enough good things about him. And I'm hoping the Mets will be facing the team that we all saw the first week of the season, the one with confidence and determination, not the one we saw Monday and Wednesday in St. Louis.

That's it for now Brewer fans. I'm going to go camp in front of my television for the next two or three hours and watch our guys play some ball, as soon as the rain lets up. Here's to the Brewers taking a big bite out of the Big Apple and the Mets. It's baseball time! Go Brewers!

No comments: