Saturday, April 22, 2006

Miller Park

I am happy to report that the powers that be at Miller Park obviously care about what the fans want. Some of you may remember that I commented recently on the new LED panels that were installed during the off season, and how the pitch count scoreboards were gone, except for one above the Press Box. The location of that one board made it difficult for some, and impossible for others, to keep track of the number of pitches thrown.

I recently had to call Miller Park for an unrelated reason, and mentioned this fact while on the phone. The gentleman with whom I spoke said he had had about a dozen similar complaints, and that the techies were still working out the kinks.

Well I was very happy to get to the ballpark Friday night and see that each end of the LED panel had been reprogrammed to display the pitch counts. So now, no matter where you are sitting in the park, if you're a dork like me, you can keep up with exactly how many balls and strikes your favorite pitcher has tossed. So thanks to the techies for resolving that issue, and thanks to the folks in charge at the park for really listening to the fans. Good job!

No comments: