Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ann Carroll Botches Another One

I know I've written about this before, but it's really getting under my skin. As I've mentioned, Ann Carroll can't get through one broadcast without screwing something up, but today was especially funny, at least for me.

The first mistake I caught was when she was talking about JJ Hardy on the pre-game show. She said his 11 homers leads the Majors. I bet A-Rod was pretty pissed off to find out that 11 beats 15. JJ leads the National League, Ann, not the majors.

The best one yet, though, was during the post-game show. She was talking about the Brewers going to Philadelphia, and how they were lucky that Ryan Howard is on the DL. According to Ann, he strained his "foreham." Enough said. Seriously, how bad does she have to screw up before they yank her off the air?

Incidentally, she was just as bad when she worked for FSN Minnesota. Check out this gem! (Be sure to listen closely as they cut to commercial!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I don't mind her. Really. For what she's required to do, she's...adequate.

(I don't recall you being this tough on Daron Sutton who had a higher profile job and was a million times worse. At least this year I don't have to haul out my radio for the play-by-play while watching the telly!)

Oh well. If I have to pick sides in this, I'll have to side with the Brewer Babe. :P

~ecips~

Tamra Reynolds said...

Daron Sutton didn't screw up every single broadcast. And while he was a bit cheesy from time to time, at least he was entertaining and knew what he was talking about. It's just painful watching her stutter and stammer her way through every broadcast while mispronouncing names. And if you recall, I did give Daron crap about his tendency to jinx players.

Anonymous said...

I never did warm up to Sutton and certainly never did find him entertaining. But I know a lot of people did like him. (He gave us the Buckethead section. I'll give him that much!) At first I thought that maybe that I was hard on him because he wasn't the great Matt Vasgersian, but that wasn't the case. I always ended up turning thw volume down when he would beat some lame joke into the ground...still talking about it many innings later.

I'm off the subject here, aren't I? This entry was about Ann Carroll, not Daron sutton. I don't like or dislike Ann...but I guess I'd rather have her around than not. Hey at least we agree on Cappy...and on Brady!

Later Babe.

~ecips~

Anonymous said...

I can't stand her. Hell, nobody I watch Brewers games with can stand her. Not just because she constantly flubs, but because looking at her is comparable to looking at Medusa. And those bags under her eyes... And that gaudy costume jewelry... Eeesh.

Tamra Reynolds said...

On the Brewers' message board, there's a thread called "Official Fire Ann Carroll Thread." I didn't start it, but apparently she doesn't have too many fans. Makes me wonder what, or who, she did to get that job, cause it certainly wasn't her on-air talent!