Monday, September 03, 2007

Yost's Goat Farm

Old Ned Yost he had a farm,
E I E I O.
Spurling, McClung, Aguino
E I E I O
With a wild pitch here,
And a passed ball there,
Here a walk,
There a walk,
Everywhere a walk, walk
Old Ned Yost he had a farm,
E I E I O.

Can you tell I'm not thrilled with Yost's decision to use Greg Goat Aquino in the 7th? Why take out Shouse, who has been the most dependable reliever all season?? Why not just start with Linebrink, instead of risking it with McClung, who has been marginal at best since the trade? Is Ned trying to lose games by using these AAA goats instead of proven major league pitchers? It would be hard to pick just one goat of the game today, but I think Ned is at the top of the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the different players who contributed to that (latest) heartbreaking lost. I missed the obvious. It WAS Ned who blew it. You're what my mom would call "a smart cookie"! :P

~ecips~