Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why??

Once again, I wonder what the hell Ned Yost is thinking. Jeff Suppan is pitching brilliantly against Chicago. He lets one runner reach, and Yost yanks him in favor of Scott Linebrink, who coughed up the game during his last outing in San Francisco. Guess what? Linebrink gives up four runs. FOUR RUNS!!!!

Why the hell didn't Yost leave Suppan in the game? I can see pulling him once the tying run reaches, but not until then. I understand the manager can only do so much, and it's up to the players after that, but pulling Suppan tonight was a BAD call, and if the Brewers go on to lose this game, it's on Ned's head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the latest loss the Brewers drop down to third place. Pennant hopes have been downgraded to hoping we end up above .500. I'm usually the guy trying to keep everyone's hopes up, but realistically, I see no signs that this team will turn things around. I hope I'm dead wrong.

~ecips~

Tamra Reynolds said...

I think that last night is a perfect example of why Ned Yost will not be in Milwaukee next season. You can't manage your team from first to worst and realistically expect to keep your job. I've never been a "fire Yost" bandwagoner, but at this point, I have to agree.