Sunday, April 15, 2007

This is our Ace?

Once again, I'm scratching my head over the hoopla around Ben Sheets. I keep hearing about how "lights out" he is when he's healthy. Well, this year he's healthy, and right now he's getting lit up like a Christmas tree. Sure, he had a brilliant opening day, but what the hell has he done since then? It's the bottom of the 6th right now in St. Louis, and Big Ben has had his butt handed to him today.

I missed Ben's breakout season a few years ago when he established himself as an "ace," and I have yet to see his fantastic stuff on a consistent basis. All I've seen in my three years of watching the Brewers, besides Ben saying "ouch my arm hurts" for two seasons, is a few flashes of brilliance amid long stretches of mediocrity.

And on top of pitching like shit today and giving away the game, he also killed the ERA on my fantasy team! The big 12.6 he's sitting on for today's game totally negates the 2.7 posted by my other starter. My ERA went from a 2.8 to a 4.0 Thanks a lot Ben!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! :P
My ace is Cappy.

Tamra Reynolds said...

I hear ya! He's certainly putting up better numbers! Maybe Ben will get it together one of these seasons.