Monday, April 23, 2007

Take That, Zambrano!

Holy hard fought comebacks, Batman! How awesome was that game tonight?? I must admit, I watched most of the last few innings through my fingers, rocking back and forth on the sofa like a catatonic. But all was well in the end as the Brewers made Carlos Zambrano eat his words.

JJ Hardy. Craig Counsell. Geoff Jenkins. Prince Fielder. Carlos Villanueva. Derrick Turnbow. Outstanding, clutch offense. Unbelievably amazing defense. Tremendous bullpen effort. There aren't enough adjectives to describe the way our Brewers played tonight. Games like this are going to give me a heart attack before the All Star Break!

One of the commentators mentioned early in the game that Lou Piniella divides his season into ten sixteen-game segments. He said that after sixteen games you should know where your club is at, and how they're going to play. Hmmmm. 19 games into the season and the Brewers are 12-7, and the Cubs are 7-12. I like Lou's theory!

Claudio Vargas didn't have his good stuff tonight, but luckily the bullpen pitched out of some jams to keep the team in the game, and ultimately deliver a win for Villanueva, and a save for Turnbow, his first since last July.

I could ramble on all night about how fantastic this game was, but I won't. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's matchup between Rich Hill and our $42 million dollar man, Jeff Suppan. Rich Hill is tough, sporting an ERA of only 0.41, but hopefully tonight put a real charge into the Brewer bats, and they'll be able to get off to a good start tomorrow.

Well I've way too worked up tonight, and I need a beer! Until next time, go Brewers!

No comments: