Friday, July 28, 2006

In Other News . . .

Loyal listeners of WKTI heard me on the radio this morning having a chat with Reitman and Mueller and Amy Taylor about the upcoming Brady Street Artisan Food Festival. Those of you who read my profile know that I work in PR, and my firm has been retained to promote the one-day festival. Yes, I do manage to hold down a full-time job between going to Brewer games and writing this blog. Gotta pay for those tickets somehow!

I'll be going to Pittsburgh next month to see the Crew take on the Pirates at PNC Park, and would welcome suggestions or tips from anyone who's been there. This trip will be my first time seeing the Brewers play on the road and I'm pretty excited about it, even with their dismal road record. The cameramen always seem to find the Brewers fans during away games, so be sure to watch on TV. You just might see me in the stands!

My friend Jodi and I ran into Ben Sheets at Moe's last night. After working a little late in preparation for our radio shows this morning, we decided to go downtown and have a drink, and there was Ben, waiting on some takeout. I congratulated him on his great outing the other day, said how glad I was to have him back in the rotation, but Ben didn't seem to want to talk. Nor was he interested in the drink we offered to buy for him. Guess he thought I was trying to hit on him. Well no offense Ben, but tall, dark and married isn't my type. Just some southern hospitality from one Louisiana native to another.

Well that's it for now. Let's all send some good vibes to the Crew tonight as they take on the Reds once again in a crucial three game series. Good luck, boys! Until next time, go Brewers!

No comments: