Thursday, June 22, 2006

No Baseball for Me

Not by choice, of course. I'm leaving in the morning to go spend some time with my family in Louisiana for my niece's birthday. That means I won't be able to watch or listen to the KC series, and I'll miss the first two games of the Cubs series. Thank goodness for ESPN. At least I can find out each night who wins.

I also won't be able to post anything until after I get back Tuesday night. My sister has dial-up internet, which is about as reliable as Kerry Wood getting back on a mound this season, so I won't risk writing something that could be lost to cyberspace at a moment's notice.

Quickly though, I have to point out that Chris Capuano was once again outstanding yesterday. He kept his team in the game through seven innings, and his team gave him his 8th win. He also notched his 15th quality start of the season.

Props to Rickie Weeks for turning around that wicked fastball from Zumaya yesterday. Rickie also hasn't made an error in 16 games, I think. Way to go, Rickie. Keep it up!

Most importantly, I hope our guys don't get lazy going into KC thinking it's going to be an easy series. Let's not forget how we got embarrassed by Pittsburgh at PNC Park. That cannot happen again. Seems like that always happens when we play the teams who aren't playing well.

Anyway, I hope you all will pick up my slack and cheer for me while I'm out of town. I'll be back to root for the guys on Wednesday. Until next time, go Brewers!

No comments: