Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ryan Rocks!

I guess you have all heard that Ryan Braun has just signed an 8-year, $45 million contract with the Brewers. Holy bargain deals, Batman!! I am absolutely amazed. That is a steal. Ryan could have gotten $10-15 million a year once free agency kicked in, and he chose to take less money, and stay in Milwaukee.

This deal frees up money now to sign Prince, Corey, JJ, Rickie or Ben to long term deals. Did Ryan realize it would take a truckload of money to get Prince to stay here, and cut his own contract to make it happen? Did Ryan actually put the future of the team ahead of his own bank account?

If so, then this kid is even more amazing off the field than on. Imagine a player actually caring more about the good of the team than the state of his checkbook. For once in my life, I think I am at a loss for words. Suffice it to say that Ryan's actions have more than justified the $85 I just spent on my new "Braun" jersey. (Thought it would show up nicely on TV when I wear it in Boston on Sunday!)

Kudos to you, Ryan Braun, for bringing class and integrity back to baseball. You truly are a 'Superstar!'

No comments: