Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Fantasy Baseball

Well winter is winding down (I hope!), and everyday brings us closer to Opening Day, not only in MLB, but also in Fantasy Baseball. Yesterday was draft day in my league, and while I didn't get the All-Star team I was shooting for, I think I made out pretty well. Ours was an automated draft, and I was the 6th pick. So here's the lineup for my 2007 Brew Crew.

C- Joe Mauer, Johnny Estrada
1B - Kevin Youkilis, Scott Hatteberg
2B - Dan Uggla, Josh Barfield
3B - David Wright, Tony Graffanino
SS - David Eckstein, JJ Hardy
OF/DH - Magglio Ordonez, Geoff Jenkins, Moises Alou, Pat Burrell, Garrett Anderson, Jay Payton
SP - Jeff Suppan, Ben Sheets, Chris Capuano, Dave Bush, Francisco Liriano
RP - Francisco Cordero, Mariano Rivera

As I was 6th in draft, the best players like Albert Pujols were gone, but all in all, I think I have a pretty strong fantasy team. Another owner already tried to trade me for Uggla, but with 105 runs scored last year, I wasn't giving him up! Can anyone make any suggestions to strengthen my team?

26 days till Opening Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, less Brewers. Just kidding.
Should be a good team.

Tamra Reynolds said...

Well like I said, it was an automated draft, and I had to work with what I got and what was left. We have 12 teams so there wasn't a lot to work with after the draft. I was lucky to get what I have!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, damn automated drafts-you did well though. Looks pretty good on paper but you know how that goes. I think your pitchers are actually the strong part of your team. Anyway, this weather is definitely gearing me up for baseball season to arrive. Hope to see you out at Opening Day or afterward. Less than 3 weeks away-can you believe it? Feel free to drop me a line sometime before then. Talk to you later.

Tamra Reynolds said...

I'll definitely be at Opening Day. I've been counting the days all winter! I can't wait to get my tickets. It will be like Christmas in March when I get that envelope in the mail!